Friday 21 March 2008

A meeting of minds in Yushi Cafe

On the way back from visiting the house I found a nice looking Cafe along the route 142, called "Yushi Cafe"



View Larger Map

Maybe it aroused my interest because it was in an old house - of course much younger than inaka home's, but maybe Showa period. Upon entering, I found it was filled with so many old Showa era goods: old kerosene heaters, radio, books, ...


The inside was lovingly restored, but using purely basics. Actually very similar to what I originally had in mind with Inaka Home. Clean up beams and wood, put in wooden flooring, simple paint jobs. As it turns out, our house will be a much more luxurious affair, but then people don't sleep in a cafe.


What I also found great, was that the owner is a young guy, perhaps a bit younger than myself. He repaired the house - his father's place - by himself and started a good business. This raises my hope that there are more people like that out here, who can take a risk and create something new - real entrepreneurs!


I and Takakuwa-san from Eco Transfer Japan (shown on this photo enjoying a cafe au lait), will definitely come back.

No comments: