Monday 17 September 2007

A family outing during harvest time



This weekend I brought my entire family including my Mother who is on visit from Germany. I was keen to get at least a little work done, check on any possible typhoon damage.

Despite negative prognosis for the weather, we had a wonderful blue sky and pleasant temperatures. In fact the ripe rice in the fields looked extremely pleasing to the eye, against the backdrop of lush green wooded hills and blue sky.The ever-present sound of "semi" cicadas was still to be heard day and night, but significantly less than two weeks ago.

The pictures above show a field about 200m from the house. Many farmers have started harvesting. The machine cuts the stalks of rice plants and bundles a bunch of them together before spitting them out.








I am now trying to sort through the pictures and post only relevant ones, so for this weekend you will see several posts over the week.

No comments: