Wednesday 26 September 2007

Garden Attack 2

I headed out to Ueda early morning by shinkansen, still nursing a slight hangover from a previous evening event. To clear my head and get the old body moving, I started off by addressing the field/garden of the house.

From my mothers previous experience I understood that the two short Kamas were not ideal, as there was a lot of weeds and grass to cut. So on the way over I popped into the nearby DIY shop to buy the extended version.



Progress was ok, although some stones lying hidden under the grass took their toll on the blade. Maybe try to get a motor operated one for the near future. Grass hoppers and several "kamagiri" or praying mantises frantically got out of the way as I hacked away.

It was a good workout for arms and abdomen, and I think its even better than Billy's Bootcamp!

Later that day, a contractor came to take a look at the roof, and see how much needs to be done. He also brought his experienced dad (looked like 100 years old), and they had fun surveying the place all around.

To finish the work I lit a fire and burned the mountains of grass and weeds. Last time I let some of the stuff dry first, but this time it was just too much. It got a bit smoky, but overall the field is in much better shape now.

No comments: