Monday 16 June 2008

Arisaka Dirt-Shirt

I visited Kauai Island the week before last, and found that they sell dirt-shirts, that is T-Shirts that have been coloured by using the local mud which is of striking red colour. It has become a major tourist souvenir, and actually looks pretty appealing.

But I thought - why should I pay for this - I have my own red earth at inaka home! So I brought a white shirt and just tried it out.

This is the original website DirtShirt.com:



Ok, and this is the Arisaka dirt shirt after proper soaking and wringing in real Japanese arakabe:



And this is after washing and wringing in cold water:



Looks pretty pleasant! I'll test drive it for a while, and if it stays as nice we'll produce a few for mail order. If you can think of a motto to print on the front, please share it with me.

No comments: